‘WACON 2023’ is a international hacking competition in which the global's best hackers participate. It is conducted to publicize the importance of cyber security to general users and find ways to effectively respond to increasingly sophisticated online hacking and spread it to businesses and governments. In the future, we plan to develop into a global hacker service platform that discovers competent hacking talents from around the world and connects them with companies and organizations that want to strengthen cyber security capability.
- Global CTF Championship Contest
- Presentation and Discussion on Innovative Cyber Security Technology and Best Practices
- Exhibition Event
- Corporate PR center and Job Interview Booth
- Outstanding Cyber Security Practice Award
- Closing Receptions
- Social meeting after CTF
Global CTF Championship
to Improve Security
The global hacking competition ‘WACON’ is an international event where the best hackers from each country compete and collaborate by utilizing new trend technologies to respond to intelligent cyber infiltration. It is the largest network forum in Korea where experts seek ways to contribute to the formation of a safe society through cyber security.
If the score is the same, the principle is to solve it first.
- General Division: The top 6 teams from both domestic and international qualifiers will advance to the finals.
The Ambassador Seoul
The participating teams are provided with vulnerable websites, programs, and cryptographic logic. Each problem is designed to resemble real-world industrial services, creating a scenario that aligns with industrial security practices.
The Ambassador Seoul
Integrated awards ceremony with CTF winners and outstanding companies.
Eligibility to apply
There is no team size limit for the qualification round. But this is applied for international team only.
We limits 4 people for the final round. This rule is applied for all teams including international teams.
How to apply
International general team
You can register with below CTF page.Register CTF
- 1st place team
- 30,000,000 KRW
- Qualification to the XCTF final round
- 2nd place team
- 10,000,000 KRW
- 3rd place team
- 5,000,000 KRW
Eligibility for Participation
- Domestic Team: Individuals who were born before December 2004 and have acquired Korean nationality.
- International Team: Individuals who were born before December 2004 and have acquired the nationality of a country other than South Korea. If it is required by the youth laws of each country, a parental consent form is required.
- Domestic participants can also choose to participate in the international team. (if there is at least one foreign member included)
Types of Questions
The 1st and 2nd evaluations will be conducted in the format of Jeopardy.
There will be questions in five different categories: Web, Pwn, Reversing, Misc, and Crypto.
The preliminary round will be conducted online, while the final round will be held offline.
Advancement to the Final Round:
- General Teams: The top 6 teams from both domestic and international categories will advance.
- Youth Teams: The top 10 teams will advance.
- Teams that rank in the top 6 in the domestic/international categories and the top 10 in the youth category during the preliminary round must submit their problem-solving reports within one week, following the guidelines provided by the organizing team.
- The domestic and international teams will have separate preliminary round, and they will be combined in the final.
- Any actions not authorized by the WACON organizing team, except those authenticated through server certification provided by the WACON team, will be considered as cheating.
- Except for actions acknowledged by the organizing team, sharing information or collaborating with individuals outside of the team will be considered as cheating.
- If any misconduct is determined, the participant will be disqualified and lose eligibility to participate in the competition for a period of 5 years.
The 1st place team in the General Category will be granted a qualification for the XCTF Finals in China.
International Team Accommodation
For the WACON competition, the international teams will be provided accommodation at the Ambassador Seoul Poolman Hotel from September 25th to 27th, 2023, for a duration of 2 nights and 3 days.
Cybersecurity Innoative Technology and
The presentation of cutting-edge and outstanding cyber security technologies aims to protect personal information, trade secrets, assets, and other valuable assets by addressing the evolving hacking techniques in the era of Web 3.0. It also provides proactive alternatives for cyber attacks, contributing to the safety of the public and the revitalization of the security industry.
- Target Cybersecurity Workers and the General Public
- Location The Ambassador Seoul
- Date 9. 25. Mon 1PM
- Deadline ~ 9. 22. Fri
- Participation fee Free
- How to apply Submission of application
- Manager Manager Kook Yoon-Chul
- Inquiries [email protected]
Introduce: Prepare for the Future with New Cybersecurity Technologies
Professor Cha Sang-kil of KAIST
Core infrastructure cybersecurity ready for the future with security operations integration
SPLUNK, Security Advisory, AVP – Robert Pizzari
Cyber Security Vulnerability Testing Technology Trends and Case Studies
LG CNS, Red Team Leader – Hyuck Jun, Suh
Attack case using a 0-day vulnerability by the Lazarus group
AhnLab, Analytics team, Assistant Researcher – Jun Seok, Kim